[netCDFJava #MQR-821693]: NetCDF Training Need

Greetings Rich,

Unfortunately, we don't actually have a training workshop focused on using
netCDF-Java.

If you are already familiar with java, I would recommend the following.

First, I would grab a copy of the netcdf-java library from our site:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf-java/v4.2/netcdfAll-4.2.jar

Second, I would check out the example .java files which demonstrate how to
create and read very simple to more complex netCDF files with 4D variables and
metadata. These can be found at the following location:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/programs/

If you have any questions on getting started with those materials, please let
me know.

Cheers,

Sean

> Hello,
>
> I am a software developer for NOAA on the CLASS project.  I need to
> quickly get up to speed with reading and writing NetCDF formated files
> using JAVA.
>
> Although your next workshop isn't until next summer, is there any way
> I might be able to get a personal workshop in the near future?
>
> If you just can't do that, could I get the class material?
>
> Thanks so much,
>
> Rich
> --
> Rich Finley, Contractor