[netCDF #QII-446206]: uninstalling netcdf

Hi Sandy,

> I have several older versions of netcdf installed on my Macbook pro.  I
> would like to remove them all and start fresh with the latest version.  How
> do I completely remove (uninstall) all of these older versions?

There is an uninstall target in the Makefile at the top directory of
the source tree, so if you run with the same permissions used to
install netCDF, "make uninstall" will uninstall the latest version.
If you still have all the source directories for all t5he versions
that have been installed, "make uninstall at the top of each such
source directory should uninstall all the versions, at least back to
the first version in which the uninstall target was supported as a
make target.

If you don't have all the source directories available, you may have to
manually follow the pattern of what the latest "make uninstall" does.

--Russ

--Russ

Ticket ID: QII-446206
Department: Support netCDF