[netCDF #FWY-763930]: ld: cannot find -lnetcdf_c++

Greetings Tong,

> Hi , how are you?

We are doing well here in Boulder - getting ready for the next round of snow!
Woohoo!

> My name is Tong Wei from Harris Corp.
>
> We are using netcdf-4.0.1 in our codes. when I was trying to compile this
> code, I got this error:
>
> ld: cannot find -lnetcdf_c++
> make: *** [lib/libLightningAlgorithm.so] Error 1
>
> Here is its make file:
>
> NETCDF_LOCATION := /apps/netcdf-4.0.1
> $(CSU)_CPPFLAGS += -I$(NETCDF_LOCATION)/include
> $(CSU)_LDFLAGS  += -L$(NETCDF_LOCATION)/lib -Wl,-rpath=$(NETCDF_LOCATION)/lib
> $(CSU)_LDLIBS   += -lnetcdf_c++
>
> Then I checked /apps/netcdf-4.0.1, and could not find lnetcdf_c++.  Would
> you please give us some hints on this ?

Ok, if you can't find libnetcdf_c++.so within the netcdf lib directory, then we
have a few problems. In this situation, nc-config is your friend. First, let's
make sure you are looking in the right place for netCDF:

nc-config --prefix

Now that we know where netCDF lives (or at least the one your account it able
to see), let's see if it has c++ enabled:

nc-config --has-c++

Also, you will need to add -lnetcdf after -lnetcdf_c++ to your $(CSU)_LDLIBS
flags in order to properly link to the netCDF library.

Let me know what you find with nc-config :-)

Cheers,

Sean

> thanks.
>
> Tong Wei