[netCDF #ACV-125667]: nc-config gives incorrect paths for flags etc.

> Thanks for the email. As mentioned before, I have recompiled netcdf dozens
> of time and follow the same procedure (make distclean, configure ...,
> make, make check, and make install) but some information in nc-config is
> not updated automatically and give me the same old paths. I always compile
> netcdf and other libraries in my login, so, there are no issues of
> permissions as well. I even compiled a different version of netcdf (4.0.1)
> and when I ran nc-config, I got the same netCDF 4.1.3 against --version
> and the same old directory paths for --flibs, --fflags, --cflags and
> --libs.
>
> So it is definitely not a make install issue. It is something else.
> Nc-config gives important information about netcdf configuration. If some
> information is incorrect then I won't trust the rest. I will greatly
> appreciate if you could look into this and suggest some solution.

Does the date modified on the nc-config file change after you run "make install"
to show the same date and time as when "make install" was run?  You could
determine
this with

  ls -l `which nc-config`

for example.

Are you sure your PATH environment variable has the directory named in the
--prefix
option to configure before any other directory that contains an nc-config
executable?
You can determine this just by running "which nc-config" and comparing the
result to
where you expect the nc-config to have been installed.

If the answer to both the questions above is "yes", please send the complete
output from
running "make install" as well as the outputs from running "ls -lt" on the bin
and lib directories
under the install directory.

Thanks.

--Russ