Re: Netcdf CDM and ragged arrays

Hi all:

you are seeing some issues with CDM version being behind the CD spec, The next CDM 4.3 release will fix these, possibly this week.

john

On 12/19/2011 3:07 PM, Kyle Wilcox wrote:
Andy -

I got this working by adding the "standard_name = station_id" attribute to the
"station_name" variable.

Use this (change path to NetCDF file as needed):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";
location="C:/Users/kwilcox/Desktop/watlev_NOAA.F.C_IKE_VIMS_3D_WITHWAVE.nc">
   <variable name="station_name">
     <attribute name="standard_name" value="station_id" />
        </variable>
</netcdf>

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Bird
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 11:30 AM
To: Ethan Davis; Kyle Wilcox
Cc: Alexander Crosby; John Caron
Subject: RE: Netcdf CDM and ragged arrays

Hi Ethan,

Thank you for getting back to me. Please find attached a small example of an
IMEDS file netcdf ragged array. I can provide many more links via opendap if
required.

The data is typically multi station time series data. Alex can provide the
detailed information on the netcdf construction and outline if needed.

Best,

Andy