[netCDFJava #HHJ-412175]: NcML from string global attribute vectors

Hi Aleksandar,

I'm cleaning out some old support questions before our release of netCDF-4.2rc1
and noticed one of your questions was not answered.

> Does NcML support all the netCDF-4 data model features? I could not find
> a clear explanation on your NcML pages.

The "-x" option of ncdump to output NcML does not yet support all the netCDF-4
data model features, but instead emits the output:

  ncdump: NcML output (-x) currently only permitted for netCDF classic model

Supporting the "-x" option in ncdump is in our list of tasks to be completed for
the 4.3 release, and progress on this issue can be followed here:

  https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/jira/browse/NCF-12

--Russ

Ticket ID: HHJ-412175
Department: Support netCDF