[netCDF #VYY-644727]: patch to support writing v3 netCDF files via the netcdf_c++4 API

Hi Sylwester,

> In the netcdf_c++4 API the data/define mode switch is not automatic for
> netCDF3 files. Consequently, creating and writing "classic" files with
> netcdf_c++4 is impossible without reopening, and redefining classic
> files is not possible at all.
>
> I'm sending in attachment a patch (and a modified source tree as well)
> that fixes it.  Perhaps there's a more elegant way to implement it
> (i.e. without calling nc_enddef/nc_redef with each API call) but this
> one is quite straightforward and it works well.
>
> I've introduced two relevant checks into test_classic.cpp as well.

Thanks for your patch!

Rather than apply it immediately, I've forwarded it to the developer, Lynton
Appel.
He is preparing some additional enhancements for the next version of
netcdf_c++4,
and should be able to combine your patch with those changes.

--Russ

Ticket ID: VYY-644727
Department: Support netCDF