[netCDF #RPO-951644]: netcdf 4.1.3 build failure

Greetings!

> Hi Sean, thanks for the clarification. I do not need the remote
> capabilities as far as I know. Re: your comment about Fortran with regard
> to the upcoming release, I believe I also noticed comments on the website
> about C++ becoming unavailable in the main release.

Yes, C++ has been carved out as well:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/release-notes-cxx4-4.2.html

>  I do call netcdf from
> C++ code (although it might actually be through C interface functions, I'd
> have to dig around a bit more to figure this out). Is it true that C++ is
> also being separated out of the main release in addition to Fortran, and
> if so is it on the path to being completely dropped at some point in the
> future?

I am not sure of the future of the Fortran or C++ libraries. I will ask the
lead developer about this and let you know (he is currently out of the office
but I think he will be back next week).

Cheers,

Sean

> Thanks!
>
> Roger
>
> On Wed, 8 Feb 2012, Unidata netCDF Support wrote:
>
> > Greetings Roger,
> >
> > Do you plan on using the remote capabilities of the netCDF package? If not,
> > then you should be good to go. If so, then I'd recommend downloading the
> > latest netCDF release candidate
> > (http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/netcdf-rc/index.jsp), as the
> > test.opendap.org servers are no longer used and the remote tests should
> > function correctly (plus other bug fixes, etc.). If you use FORTRAN, please
> > note that the FORTRAN libs are no longer distributed with the C libs, so
> > you will need to build and install the FORTRAN stuff after you've built the
> > C stuff
> > (http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/release-notes-fortran-4.2.html).
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Sean
> >
> >> Hi Sean,
> >>
> >> Thanks for the suggestion. The 'make check' now runs to completion with
> >> no other errors. Can I assume that my installation is safe to use at this
> >> point, i.e., are any of the tests from that server likely to
> >> be of any significance to me?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> Roger

> > Ticket Details