[netCDF #RAR-874792]: NetCDF Compile Options

Hi Mack,

> Is there a way to find out what options were used when NetCDF was compiled?
>
> I installed the latest version for some of the researchers that I support,
> and they can not get NCAR models that worked in previous versions to
> work in 4.1.3.

If you run "nc-config --all", it shows the configure options used when the
version of
netCDF that included that nc-config command was built and installed.

Version 4.1.3 is supposed to be a backwards-compatible drop-in replacement for
earlier
versions, as far as the API and format are concerned.  The Fortran library was
built
separately in 4.1.3, so where linking Fortran programs previously only required
"-lnetcdf", with 4.1.3 it requires "-lnetcdff -lnetcdf" to specify both the
Fortran and
C netCDF libraries.

There were some bugs in 4.1.3 that have been fixed in the current release
candidate
4.2-rc1, so you might want to try that.  It's fairly close to what will soon be
the
4.2 release.

--Russ

Ticket ID: RAR-874792