Re: [netcdf-java] GRIB collection processing in 4.3

On 2/15/2012 3:06 PM, Schmunk, Robert B. (GISS-611.0)[SIGMA SPACE CORPORATION] wrote:
On Feb 15, 2012, at 15:46, John Caron wrote:

you can set it globally (for CDM library) with:

   ucar.nc2.util.DiskCache.setCachePolicy(true);

the GribGridServiceProvider.setIndexAlwaysInCache() allowed one to set
it for just grib files, but no one used it that was AFAIK.

will that suffice for you?

John,

I do have DiskCache.setCachePolicy (true) in my code, along with a call to
DiskCache.setRootDirectory(somepath), and it gets called during program
initialization. However, the gbx9 and ncx files are still appearing in the
same directory as the grib file rather than in the somepath directory.

i thought i fixed that. are you using the latest version?

Checking my old e-mail with you and Robb K, it looks like I was having the
same problem two years ago, and calling
GribGridServiceProvider.setIndexAlwaysInCache() was apparently the only way
to get the GRIB temporary files to be written to the same cache directory
as for other files that NJ might need to write.

BTW: Something else I was running into last night is that the discussion of
runtime loading of GRIB tables and lookup lists at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/reference/RuntimeLoading.html
doesn't seem to have been updated for the latest NJ-4.3. I was getting
compiler/linker complaints because classes couldn't be found to be imported.

it has been updated, but probably i missed some. which classes where you seeing missing?

rbs

--
Robert B. Schmunk
NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, 2880 Broadway, New York, NY 10025