[netCDF #OEW-145873]: failed tests for netcdf on MinGW

Dan,

I just noticed these instructions from paratool about how to build and
use netCDF-4.1.3 with MinGW

  http://www.paratools.com/Azure/NetCDF

If you use these successfully or adapt them to a 64-bit build, we'd like to know
about it.

Thanks!

--Russ

> I'm building netcdf 4.1.3 on 64-bit MinGW. Here's what I've done so far
> to get it up and running.
>

> ./configure CFLAGS="-I/mingw/include" LIBS=-lhdf5
>
> patch -s libdispatch/v2i.c v2i.c.patch
>
> make install CFLAGS="-I../libsrc" LIBS=-lz
>
> make check LIBS="-lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 -lz" >& check.log
>

> nctest.exe and test_rename.exe fail
>

> Notes:
>
> *         I believe I have the correct installation for zlib for MinGW
> as /mingw/lib. Not sure why configure couldn't figure that out.
>
> *         Not sure why I have to tell configure to include libhdf5 if it
> found it.
>
> *         I previously submitted a CR for MBQ-177890, but it was
> apparently not fixed in version 4.1.3.
>
> *         v2i.c includes onstack.h which is in another directory. Not
> sure why the Makefile doesn't include a path to it. I suppose that your
> development install already has the header in the include directory, so
> you don't see this error.
>
> *         v2i.c should include nc.h to define NC, but it doesn't not. I
> suppose that some installations, this occurs by a chain of includes.
> Probably safe to just include nc.h in v2i.c as I've done in the patch,
> but may need to move it above the include to onstack.h.
>
> *         Not sure why the test builds don't include the correct hdf5
> libraries or libz.
>

> Let me know if you need any additional info.
>

> Regards,
>
> Dan

Ticket ID: OEW-145873
Department: Support netCDF