[netCDF #KTL-453395]: Re: Ferret and netCDF-4

Hi Steve,

> While on this subject:  is there complete support for these netCDF4
> features (groups, compound types and variable-length types) for files
> accessed via OPeNDAP?  (This question came up in an email discussion
> just last week.)

No, that would require the DAP4 protocol, which is not yet complete.
Dennis Heimbigner is working on it, as part of the OPULS project:

  http://docs.opendap.org/index.php/Development#OPULS_Development

(I'm posting this to our support site, so others can find the information.)

--Russ

Ticket ID: KTL-453395
Department: Support netCDF