[netCDF #ZKY-391700]: Re: [netcdfgroup] netcdf-4.2-rc2 release candidate available

Hi Constantine,

> I have the following questions:
>
> 1) Is the fix to <https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/jira/browse/NCF-135>
> included in 4.2-rc2? The issue is fixed and closed, but I did not see
> it on the list in release notes.

Yes, it was actually included in 4.2-rc1 but inadvertently omitted from the
release
notes.  I've corrected this in the RELEASE_NOTES file that will be in the final
4.2 release,
as well as the online version:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/release-notes-4.2-rc2.html

Thanks for reporting the bug, providing a fix, and noting the omission in the
RELEASE_NOTES!

> 2) Were you able to confirm the bug I reported in January 26? (See
> <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/netcdfgroup/2012/msg00015.html>
> and the follow-up message.) I never got a reply. Are there any plans
> of addressing this issue?

Sorry for not acknowledging that bug report.  It's one of nearly 50 open issues
and the
netcdfgroup posting appeared while I was away at a conference.  I've created a
Jira issue
for the bug:

  https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/jira/browse/NCF-152

and will try to reproduce the problem soon.  The only developer we had that
knew much
about parallel I/O and who had implemented the netCDF-4 parallel I/O and tests
left for
another position last October, so we're currently short on expertise in that
area.

> 3) Are you planning on testing NetCDF with OpenMPI? I've found
> <https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/jira/browse/NCF-45>, but it will be a
> year old soon...

Thanks for reminding me about that open ticket.  It was assigned to the
developer who
left, so we may not get to it anytime soon, but I'll look at it more closely to
see how much
effort would be involved.

--Russ