[netCDF #KYR-687090]: How to code polar stereographic projection to NetCDF?

Hi Alejandro,

> We are interested on coding data in a grid which uses a polar
> stereographic projection of the North Hemisphere to NetCDF. I know it
> is possible but I have not find examples or documentation about it.
> Could you please give us some advice?

You should use the CF Conventions, which recommend a few attributes to encode
the grid description, using

  grid_mapping_name = polar_stereographic

For details, see the Appendix F: Grid Mappings of the latest CF Conventions
document:

http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-conventions/latest-cf-conventions-document-1

--Russ

Ticket ID: KYR-687090