[netCDF #BAX-548035]: Trying to build netcdf-4.1.3 on Ubuntu and having troubles opening the shared library file: libhdf5_hl.so.7

Stephen,

> I followed your steps but it seems to have not worked. Following sudo
> make clean, this is the directory listing for man4
>
> stephen@rocknumbertwo:/usr/local/src/netcdf-4.2-rc1/man4$ ls
> architecture.doc  Doxyfile           footer.html  install.doc
> Makefile     netcdf.m4     types.doc
> cdl.doc           Doxyfile.in        guide.doc    internal.doc
> Makefile.am  notes.doc
> dispatch.doc      DoxygenLayout.xml  images       mainpage.doc
> Makefile.in  tutorial.doc
>

> stephen@rocknumbertwo:/usr/local/src/netcdf-4.2-rc1/man4$ sudo make
> Doxyfile.stamp
> make: *** No rule to make target `Doxyfile.stamp'.  Stop.
>
> I tried with lower case:
>
> stephen@rocknumbertwo:/usr/local/src/netcdf-4.2-rc1/man4$ sudo make
> doxyfile.stamp
> Doxyfile
> /bin/bash: Doxyfile: command not found
> make: *** [doxyfile.stamp] Error 127

I recently got an error like this, and it worked when I ran the configure
script again, after making sure my path included the directory containing
the "doxygen" program.  Running the configure script invoked doxygen on
the right files to create man4/Doxyfile.  Then running "make check" got
past the error above.

This error could occur if you install "doxygen" after running configure
but before running "make check", which was what I had done ...

--Russ

> Note that within the man4 path I get the following error when trying
> just "doxyfile":
>
> stephen@rocknumbertwo:/usr/local/src/netcdf-4.2-rc1/man4$ doxyfile
> doxyfile: command not found
>
> Which is not the case in other directories. Attached are the
> config.log and Makefile(s) for reference.
>
> Thanks again,
> Stephen
>
> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Unidata netCDF Support
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I think there may be a flaw in our makefile in man4 directory.
> > Do the following:
> > 1. make clean
> > 2. cd man4; make Doxyfile.stamp
> > 3. ls Doxyfile
> >
> > If the file Doxyfile is not there,
> > let me know.
> > If it is, then do "make" in the man4 directory
> > and see if it works.
> >
> > =Dennis Heimbigner
> >  Unidata
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: BAX-548035
> > Department: Support netCDF
> >

> --
> Stephen Shaffer

> Graduate Research Assistant
> Center for Environmental Fluid Dynamics
> http://efd.asu.edu/
> Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
> Arizona State University Tempe Campus
>
> Contact:
> email:  address@hidden
> office: (480) 727-6659
> fax:     (480) 965-8746
>
> Location:
> Interdisciplinary Science and Technology Building 2 (ISTB-2)
> Room 201 cubby BA
> Tempe, AZ 85287-9809

Ticket ID: BAX-548035
Department: Support netCDF