[netCDF #LHN-448360]: curl library linked to executables even if not needed (disable-dap and disable-cdmremote)

The problem is that automake will not let
you conditionalize the AC_CHECK_LIB macro.
That is you cannot use code like this.
> if test "x$require_curl" = "xyes"; then :
> # Do a lib test for curl
> AC_CHECK_LIB([curl], [curl_easy_setopt])
> fi

When you do this, and then execute ./configure,
you will get a complaint about AMDEP.

Even switching to AC_SEARCH_LIBS (which I will do)
does not help
if libcurl is in any of the std directories
(/usr/lib etc) or in any of the lib directories
you specify with LDFLAGS.
It may help if you do not have libcurl installed anywhere.

=Dennis Heimbigner
  Unidata

Ticket ID: LHN-448360
Department: Support netCDF