[netCDF #YVE-771795]: Problems building netcdf-fortran-4.2 with parallel support

Hi Markus,

> our compiler
>
> hpc1e: mpcc_r -qversion
> IBM XL C/C++ for AIX, V10.1
> Version: 10.01.0000.0001
>
> fails on lines:
>
> 879 of semantics.c
> 173 of dvarput.c
>
> because of the // style comment. Removing this enables compilation. The
> non parallel version, i.e. xlc_r, does not suffer from the same problem.

Thanks for reporting that!  I've fixed the sources for the 4.2.1 release.

> BTW: any updates on [netCDF #YVE-771795]: Problems building
> netcdf-fortran-4.2 with parallel support?

No, sorry, we lost our local parallel I/O expertise a while ago, so it may
take a while to fix that problem.  I've created an issue page that you can
use to monitor progress or comment on the issue:

  https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/jira/browse/NCFORTRAN-17

We'll try to fix it before the next Fortran netCDF release, but I'm not sure
when that will be.  If you have a patch for the configure script that we could
post in the meantime to our "known problems" web page, it might help someone
else with the same problem.

Thanks again for reporting the problem and providing fixes.

--Russ

Ticket ID: YVE-771795
Department: Support netCDF