[netCDF #HYK-993357]: Request

Mojgan,

> I saw the link it was useful. I got that I should use ncdump to convert
> netcdf format to text, but when I used ncdump as a command for example :
> ncdump -c data files name.nc or other commands, it said me that the command
> ncdump not found. Because I am a new user could you please explain more with
> an example?
>
> I wrote the command exactely in the data path, I mean I used "cd" command to
> enter the target path and then I used the commands of ncdump but they didn't
> work. What should I do?

It sounds like you don't have netCDF software installed.  To get or install
netCDF, you would need to follow
the instructions here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/

As part of installing netCDF, the ncdump program will be installed in a
directory you choose.
You could use ncdump from a different directory by either

  - using the absolute path name, like

       $ /directory/where/it/is/installed/bin/ncdump  my_data_file.nc

  - or add the directory to the list of paths that are searched for commands

       $ PATH=/directory/where/it/is/installed/bin:$PATH
       $ export PATH
       $ ncdump  my_data_file.nc

--Russ

Ticket ID: HYK-993357