[netCDF #YDL-921808]: Question

Hi Bosko,

> I am trying to install netcdf-4.1.3 with Intel compiler on Linux and I
> found on your web site
>
> Build Outputs on Various Platforms
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/builds/4_1_3/index.jsp
>
> My question is:
>
> What does mean
> CPPFLAGS=-I/share/ed/local/spock/include

It's only an example of where the header files (such as hdf5.h and zlib.h)
for libraries on which netCDF-4 depends might have been installed.

> Which  include library I have to select for CPPFLAGS on my Linux SUSE 10
> platform?

If you are building with netCDF-4 capabilities, such as compression and the
enhanced netCDF-4 data model, you have to first install zlib and HDF5 and set
CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS to point to include and library directories where HDF5
was installed.

If you want to build with only netCDF-3 interfaces and capabilities (which are
sufficient for reading most netCDF data in current archives), then you don't
need to install HDF5 or zlib first, and you don't need to specify directories
to configure for where they were installed.

Here's the instructions for the netCDF 4.2 C library, which also works for
4.1.3:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/

More detailed instructions just for the older version 4.1.3 are here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: YDL-921808
Department: Support netCDF