[netCDF #APV-976877]: ncopen error message

Hi Peter,

> Further to my query regarding ncdump, I am just ensuring that I have the
> correct dll's and lib's present. All is ok apart from  'szlibdll.lib' which
> has eluded me thus far; for example, the link in the HDFgroup documentation
> to download 'szlibdll.dll' and 'szlibdll.lib' does not work. I was wondering
> if you could please advise me on a reliable download for this file.

I don't know from where to download a precompiled dll for szlib on Windows,
but the latest version is available in source form from either of these two
places:

  http://www.hdfgroup.org/ftp/lib-external/szip/2.1/src/szip-2.1.tar.gz
or
  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-4/szip-2.1.tar.gz

and it appears to be relatively easy to buld and install on Windows from source,
accorrding to these instructions in the INSTALL file in the top-level source
directory:

  4. Installation for Windows platforms

     To install on Windows, extract project and instruction files from the
     szipproj.zip archive in the "windows" directory, and follow the
instructions
     in the INSTALL_SZIP.txt file.

--Russ

Ticket ID: APV-976877