[netCDF #FVS-139091]: More understanding about netcdf!

Hi,

> This is the first time I reach out netcdf.
>
> I used Grads software to open climate data in .nc file.
>
> Actually, I don’t understand about .nc file clearly. I want to open this
> file directly to know structure in the file. Because when I use Grads, I
> see some inconvenient things and I want to test .nc file. I’m not sure Does
> .nc file allow to be adjusted? Thus, I look for the netcdf software to set
> up. However, I don’t know steps to approach understanding and applying
> netcdf.
>
> Can you tell me the way to understand it clearly?

Here are some sources for better understanding of netCDF:

  2011 NetCDF Workshop materials:
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/workshops/2011/

  NetCDF Users Guide:
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/user_guide.html

  NetCDF Frequently Asked Questions:
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/faq.html

  Wikipedia article on netCDF, English (with links to other languages):
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetCDF

  Introduction to NetCDF presentation:
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/presentations/Rew/netcdf-intro.pdf

I hope one of those references will help.

--Russ

Ticket ID: FVS-139091
Department: Support netCDF