[Staging #YGC-434670]: error in installation of netcdf

Hi Sachin,

> Package Version: 4.2
> Operating System: AIX-5.3
> Description of problem: problem in configure netcdf.When i run $./configure
> command there seen is error:-config.status: config.h is unchanged
> config.status: executing depfiles commands
> config.status: executing libtool commands
> and config.log is attach in this mail.

The configure script appears to have ompleted successfully.  As pointed
out at the beginning of the config.log file:

> This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
> running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

and you should not be concerned about error messages in the config.log
file if the configure script finishes without error messages.

The problem you reported earlier is related to finding where the netCDF
shared library is installed:

> I have try to install netcdf-4.2. i have give the
> command *$make
> test install*

The correct command to use is

  make check install

as there is no target "test" supported in netCDF 4.2.  I'll assume that
you actually used "check".

> *  *but there is coming blow error:-
> exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program
> /gpfs1/home/sachin/netCDF/netcdf-4.2/nctest/.libs/lt-nctest because of the
> following errors:
> 0509-150   Dependent module
> /usr/local/lib/libnetcdf.a(libnetcdf.so.7) could not be loaded.
> 0509-152   Member libnetcdf.so.7 is not found in archive
> FAIL: nctest

It looks like there is a previous installation of netCDF, perhaps an earlier
version, installed in /usr/local/lib.  If this was installed as a shared
library, it may be interfering with building a new version of netCDF, although
I don't know why it should.

Please follow the installation instructions here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/build_classic.html

and if that doesn't work, send us the complete output from running

  ./configure --disable-netcdf-4
  make check

either from a newly unpacked source distribution, or after successfully
invoking "make distclean" in the existing source directory.

Thanks!

--Russ

> exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program
> /gpfs1/home/sachin/netCDF/netcdf-4.2/nctest/.libs/lt-tst_rename because of
> the following errors:
> 0509-150   Dependent module
> /usr/local/lib/libnetcdf.a(libnetcdf.so.7) could not be loaded.
> 0509-152   Member libnetcdf.so.7 is not found in archive
> FAIL: tst_rename
> cmp: 0653-023 Cannot find or open nctest_classic.nc.
> FAIL: compare_test_files.sh
> 3 of 3 tests failed
> Please report to address@hidden
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.
>

> Stop.
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 2.
>

> Stop.
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.
>
> Please guide me what i am doing for solve this problem.
>

> --
>
> * Regards *:*
> **Sachin Kumar *
> *Project:  MOES