[netCDF #WTO-478645]: NetCDF Windows c++

Hi Brian,

> My name is Brian and I'm curious about the status of a NetCDF c++ dll for
> windows.  From what it seems like in my brief research on the subject is that
> NetCDF in c++ and windows haven't been put together yet, at least officially.
>  I have seen an email (Feb 2012) on the mailing list about how a new person
> was to be hired to create support for NetCDF in windows, but that is the last
> I've been able to see of this subject.  So I was wondering if you could
> inform me of how that project was going?

Great timing for your question!

Yesterday afternoon, we announced on the netcdfgroup mailing list a release
candidate
for netCDF version 4.2.1 that includes excellent results of porting netCDF to
Windows:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/netcdfgroup/2012/msg00203.html

You can follow the instructions to build the C library for netCDF now, or wait
for
the DLLs, which will be available soon:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/win_netcdf/

Once you have the C library for netCDF fr Windows installed, you can build the
C++
API of your choice (legacy or experimental netCDF-4 API):

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/netcdf-cxx/index.jsp

We'd be interested in hearing how this goes, or about problems you encounter.

--Russ

Ticket ID: WTO-478645
Department: Support netCDF