[netCDF #VSO-743387]: NetCDF installation failure

Hi Ethan,

> I searched the database as suggested in this email and found another
> similar error.  Someone who responded to it suggested that the particular
> error was due to the computer not being able to reach a simple test code
> from a particular website.
>
> That would make sense in my case since my machine can't connect to the
> internet for some unknown reason.  Can the installation continue without
> this test being passed?

Yes, but you should begin again at the configure step and specify the option
"--disable-dap-remote-tests" to make sure everything else finishes before
running "make install".  Depending on which version you are building, you
may also want to also specify "disable-doxygen" to avoid trying to build the
documentation locally in the final step, in case you don't have doxygen
installed.

--Russ

> address@hidden> wrote:
>

> > Ethan Bodnaruk,
> >
> > Your Ticket has been received, and a Unidata staff member will review it
> > and reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this new Ticket. Please
> > make sure the Ticket ID remains in the Subject: line on all correspondence
> > related to this Ticket.
> >
> >    Ticket ID: VSO-743387
> >    Subject: NetCDF installation failure
> >    Department: Support netCDF
> >

> > The NetCDF libraries are developed at the Unidata Program Center/UCAR,
> > in Boulder, Colorado; we are funded primarily by the U.S. National
> > Science Foundation.
> >
> > All support requests are handled by the development team; no
> > dedicated support staff are funded at this time. For this reason
> > we cannot guarantee response times, nor can we resolve every support
> > issue, although we do our best to respond within 72 hours.
> >
> > It is in the nature of support requests that the same question is
> > asked many times. We urge you to search the support archives for
> > material relating to your support inquiry:
> >
> > http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/search.jsp?support&netcdf
> >
> > If you are having trouble building netCDF, please take a look at the
> > "Build Troubleshooter" section of the netCDF home page:
> >
> > http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/
> >
> > Windows users should see the FAQ list:
> >
> > http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/faq.html#windows_netcdf4
> >
> > Complete documentation (including a tutorial, and sample programs in
> > C, Fortran, Java, and other programming languages) can be found on the
> > netCDF Documentation page:
> >
> > http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/
> >
> > If you resolve your issue through one of these methods, please send a
> > assistance. This will help us spend more time on netCDF development.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: VSO-743387
Department: Support netCDF