[netCDF #VVU-760570]: Re: [netcdf-hdf] build errors in svn

Rob,

> On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 11:31:18AM -0500, robl wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 09:26:04AM -0500, Rob Latham wrote:
> > > Hi.  Why are there two netcdf_par.h files?
> > >
> > > The library has ./include/netcdf_par.h and ./libsrc/netcdf_par.h .
> > > Further, those two files differ.  The libsrc version contains
> > > mis-matched preprocessor directives such that --enable-parallel does
> > > not compile.
> > >
> > > Patch attached, but I would really like to see one of those versions
> > > deleted so that this class of problem doesn't happen in the future.
> >
> > Thanks for r2319, which seems to clean this up.
>
> oh, except you now longer install netcdf_par.h any longer?

We should be installing netcdf_par.h from the include/ subdirectory in the build
tree, due to the rule:

  if BUILD_PARALLEL
  include_HEADERS += netcdf_par.h
  endif

I can't test it right now, as our only parallel I/O platform is out of
commission
temporarily, and our nightly tests aren't currently doing any parallel testing,
but I assume you've done a build with --enable-pnetcdf and the
"make install" doesn't install netcdf_par.h?

--Russ

Ticket ID: VVU-760570
Department: Support netCDF