[netCDF #JQP-180260]: help: netcdf installation

Hi Ming,

> I have problem on building netcdf 4.1.3 by using intel compiler. I see some
> errors when I type $make check. (The detail message is in attachment; I
> also attached the config.log). BTW, if I configure netcdf with
> --disable-netcdf-4, then netcdf can be successfully built.
>
> Basically I follow these instructions to build HDF5:
> http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/performance-tools-for-software-developers-building-hdf5-with-intel-compilers/
>
> And then I follow the comments which were written by username mecej4 on
> December 15, 2011to build netcdf. The comment can be found at the bottom of
> this:
> http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/performance-tools-for-software-developers-building-netcdf-with-the-intel-compilers/
>
> I am using Ubuntu 12.04
> Processor info: processor    : 11
> vendor_id    : GenuineIntel
> cpu family    : 6
> model        : 45
> model name    : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 0 @
> 2.50GHz

This looks like a problem related to building HDF5 with the right version of
zlib, which you had apparently identified in a later support question.  So I'm
assuming the response to that question means you've gotten beyond this problem.

Incidentally, if you're building netCDF libraries from source, we recommend
using
the latest version, 4.2.1.1, as there have been some bug fixes since 4.1.3 that
may prevent problems:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/netcdf_4_2_1_1

--Russ

Ticket ID: JQP-180260