[netCDF #BNX-671086]: NetCDF installation error with gcc and gfortan

> Full Name: Lucy

Hi Lucy,

> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 4.1.3
> Operating System: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: While running the configuration I am getting the
> error:
> Here are my settings and config.log.

OK, I see a problem in your setting for these 3 environment variables:

  CFLAGS='-g –O'
  CPPFLAGS='-DNDEBUG –DpgiFortran'
  FFLAGS='-g –O2 –mp –recursive'

The character '–' you are using for some of these options is not the same as an
ASCII '-' character that is required.  Try using these settings instead:

  CFLAGS='-g -O'
  CPPFLAGS='-DNDEBUG -DpgiFortran'
  FFLAGS='-g -O2 -mp -recursive'

They may look the same, but note that '–O' is different from '-O', for example.

--Russ

Ticket ID: BNX-671086
Department: Support netCDF