[netCDF #DKO-663345]: libnetcdf.mod not built with NetCDF 4.2

Hi Dan,

> I've built NetCDF 4.2 with the C, C++ and Fortran libraries on CU Boulder's
> Janus supercomputer.  We received a user ticket requesting an explanation for
> the absence of libnetcdf.mod.  I have verified that it was not built.  Is
> libnetcdf.mod necessary to run NetCDF?

The netcdf.mod file is only needed to use the netCDF Fortran-90 API, which is
part of the
separate netcdf-fortran-4.2 software release, available from:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/netcdf-fortran/

The netCDF Fortran release was separated from the netCDF-C release with version
4.2,
as explained here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/netcdfgroup/2011/msg00370.html

The Fortran release is pretty easy to build once the C library is installed, as
explained here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: DKO-663345