[netCDF #TDM-592829]: Error installing netCDF 4.0.1

> To whom it may concern:
>
> This is the output from running 'make check install' after configuring
> netCDF.  I configured it using './configure --enable-netcdf-4
> --with-hdf5=/usr/local --with-zlib=/usr/local --prefix=/usr/local'
>
> I am using cygwin to install it on Windows.  Could that be the issue?

I think the errors you're seeing were caused by an incompatibility between
the current HDF5 version with an older netCDF version (4.0.1).  You should
get a newer version of netCDF, for example the latest official release 4.2.1.1,
and follow the directions here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/building.html

Note there are also instructions for building on Windows as well as prebuilt
binaries here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/win_netcdf/

--Russ

Ticket ID: TDM-592829