[netCDF #HDT-424966]: Fwd: Is it possible to have opendap reusing connections via libcurl despite netcdf api making many small requests?

Interesting. The current situation,
at least for the C client is that
during the interval between
nc_open() and the corresponding nc_close()
the curl handle is kept active. I assume that
curl reuses the same connection during that interval.

However, closing the curl handle should close the socket.
If I understand his message, then he  is seeing a bunch of
open sockets waiting to timeout? Do I understand this correctly?

=Dennis Heimbigner
  Unidata

Ticket ID: HDT-424966
Department: Support netCDF