[netCDF #JNH-860762]: Problems with CDL/vlen example

Lynton,

> this is some progress. I will be interested to hear the outcome. In much
> of my code development
> debugging work I use Totalview. Do you have access to this or to
> similiar software?

I don't have access to TotalView, but use gdb from the emacs.  I can trace the
problem down to the recursive call nested three deep of H5T_convert() when
the "datatype conversion failed" error occurs in trying to convert a vlen,
but that doesn't mean it's necessarily an HDF5 error.  I don't know of a
practical way to determine that without writing the equivalent data using just
HDF5 C calls, and that will take some concentrated time that I hope to find in
the next week ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: JNH-860762
Department: Support netCDF