[netCDFPerl #URC-325321]: Net PDF under perl 5.14.2

Simon,

You have my sympathies. Maintaining obsolete code is rarely fun.

The home-page of the netCDF-Perl package

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-perl/#home

has a hyperlink to the README file

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-perl/readme.html

The README file indicates that the netCDF-Perl package is based on version 2 of
the netCDF package.

The netCDF-Perl package has a manual-page that describes how to use it in terms
of the netCDF-2 API (certain names are, necessarily, changed but the API is
functionally identical). The netCDF-2 package is obsolete but can be downloaded
at

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/guide-2.4.3.ps.Z

This package contains the manual-page for the netCDF-2 library,
"netcdf-2.4.3/src/doc/netcdf.3". There is also a user's guide for the netCDF-2
package, which can be downloaded at

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/old/guide-2.4.3.ps.Z

You'll have to download the netCDF-2 package and read its manual-page or
download the netCDF-2 user's guide in order to understand the netCDF-2 API.

Once you've done that, the netCDF-Perl manual-page will tell you how the
netCDF-Perl API is trivially derived from the netCDF-2 API.

There is also a Perl script within the netCDF-Perl package that is used for
testing the Perl API. The pathname of the script, relative to the top-level
source-directory is "perl/test.pl".

For your convenience, I've attached the netCDF-Perl manual-page and test-script.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: URC-325321
Department: Support netCDF Perl