[netCDF #YQP-889967]: Netcdf precompiled library

Hi Guy,

> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Intel Core i5
> Description of problem:
>
> I have recently intalled on Windows-7 the "Intel Visual Fortran Composer
> XE2013" (based on MS Visual Studio 10).  I have been trying to find a
> pre-compiled NetCDF library for this configuration.

Sorry, we've created Windows binaries for the C library and executables
as well as a CMake solution for MS Visual Studio 10, but we haven't
built the Fortran library on top of the C library yet.  However, another
user informed us that he had built the Fortran library from the latest
netcdf-fortran-4.2 release after installing the C library.

You can get the files for CMake by checking out this svn branch:

  svn co http://svn.unidata.ucar.edu/repos/netcdf/trunk

If you follow the instructions here, you can build from those sources:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/workshops/2012/windows/netCDF-C%20for%20Windows.pdf

We'll be including the CMake build files in the next netCDF release, but for
now it's necessary to build from the svn developer snapshot, which currently
is passing our tests.

--Russ

> I found on the Unidata Website several data sets and information that
> normally should work. But in fact none worked effectively. On most
> of them linking reveals "unresolved external references", or somtimes
> missing files, etc.  E.g. the 4.2.1 library is for Windows C programs,
> not for Fortran.  Other sites have been visited also without success.
>
> The closest item I found is the Netcdf-4.1.3-win-dev, which effectively
> allows linking of the code, but when trying to run the .exe, I get an
> unknown exception which most probably means  that the library is not
> adequate (= not for the Intel Fortran).
>
> Has anyone a working pre-compiled NetCDF library for the configuration
> as stated on the first line ?  Or do I finally need to compile the NetCDF
> source from scratch, which seems to be a non trivial exercice on Windows.
>
> Thanks a lot!

Ticket ID: YQP-889967
Department: Support netCDF