[netCDF #SBN-286919]: Question about NetCDF-4.2.1.1 install

Hi Kento,

> I have a question about the install of "NetCDF-4.2.1.1".
>
> When I input "./configure", "Makefile" is not created automatically.
> So I can't input "make install".
>
> Must I create "Makefile" by myself?

No, running the configure script on a Unix, Linux, or OSX platform
or on a Windows platform with a POSIX shell installed, such as with
MinGW/MSYS or cygwin should create a Makefile in the top-level
directory as well as Makefiles in each source subdirectory.

> I'd appreciate it if you could teach me information to install
> "NetCDF-4.2.1.1".  And I would appreciate your prompt reply.

Here's the instructions:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/building.html

As it says, the easiest way to install netCDF is by using a package
distribution system, such as dpkg, apt-get, MacPorts, or something
else appropriate for your operating system.

If you still have questions, tell us what kind of computer, operating
system, and compiler you are using, and send us the output from running
the configure script.

--Russ

Ticket ID: SBN-286919
Department: Support netCDF