[Miscellaneous #XAD-164809]: data for specifikke gridceller

Hi Lau Gede,

re:
> Jeg arbejder på at downloade noget data fra jeres klimamodel på
> http://klimagroenland.dmi.dk.
> Jeg er interesseret i data fra nogle bestemte gridceller men kan ikke
> finde ud af at få vist data fra færre celler end stort set hele
> datasættet.
> Jeg har vedhæftet to billeder af hvordan jeg forsøgt at vælge celler.
> Den første mulighed giver mig hele datasættet, men mit internet
> crasher når jeg prøver at kopiere det over i excel.
> Den anden mulig giver følgende fejlmeddelelse:
> "Error: Error parsing the text on line 1 at or near: Error
> The descriptor object returned from the dataset was null.
> Check that the URL is correct."
>
> Er det muligt at få lidt vejledning i hvordan man udvælger enkelte celler?
>
> Mvh Lau Gede Petersen
>
> Hej igen.
>
> Jeg n�ede frem til hvordan man g�r.
> Men tak alligevel
>
> Mvh Lau Gede Petersen

Two quick comments about your inquiry:

- because of the small size of our group, we do not have anyone on staff
  who can respond to inquiries in languages other than English

- after reading the (poor) Google Translate translation (included below) of
  your inquiry, I believe that you may need to contact the Danish Meteorological
  Institute (DMI) for guidance on how to access the data that they, not we, are
  making available in http://klimagroenland.dmi.dk.

  If your objective is to convert data stored in a netCDF file to CSV (comma
  separated value) for import into Microsoft Excel, then the following
  software may be of help to you:

Unidata HomePage:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Software -> netDF
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/

    Documentation & Training
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/#documentation

      A list of software and other interfaces for manipulating or displaying
netCDF data
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/software.html

The last page contains links to packages ** provided and maintained by others
** that
are useful for doing a variety of things with data in netCDF files.  The one
that
looks most promising for what I think is your objective is:

Excel Use

Several packages are available for accessing netCDF data from Microsoft Excel,
including
the netcdf4excel add-in for Excel, and a Scientific Dataset (SDS) Library that
supports a
DataSetEditor add-in for Excel to view and modify various forms of data,
including netCDF.

From what I see, DMI makes data available in netCDF format:

http://klimagroenland.dmi.dk/datauk.html

Data access

Data can be accessed by direct download of netCDF data files or by using
an OPeNDAP (formerly DODS) client, which makes it possible to extract
subareas and subperiods in order to minimize download time. Please refer
to the software pages at UCAR for detailed descriptions on how to use netCDF
and OPeNDAP.

We wish you the best of luck in your efforts!

> Google Translate translation of original emails:
>
> Hey.
>
> I work p to download some data from your climate model p
> http://klimagroenland.dmi.dk.
>
> I am interested in data from certain grid cells but can not
> figure out how to f show data from frre cells than almost all
> datasttet.
>
> I have vedhftet two pictures of how I forsgt to vlge cells.
> Then the first option gives me all datasttet, but my internet
> No crashes I try to copy it into excel.
>
> The second possible gives the following error message:
>
> "Error: Error parsing the text on line 1 at or near: Error
> The descriptor object returned from the dataset was null.
> Check att URL is correct. "
>
> Is it possible to f little guidance on how to udvlger individual cells?
>
> Hello again.
>
> I'm following up on how to gr
> But thanks anyway
>
> Sincerely Lau Goat Petersen