[netCDF #KLG-862966]: configure fails on Mac OS X

Hi Anna,

> I figured out that I needed to download the Command Line Tools for Xcode in
> order to get my gfortran and gcc compilers to work. I also decided to go with
> netcdf-4.1.3 because I've had success installing that in the past. So now I
> have successfully updated my system, and don't need assistance at this point.
> Hopefully you get this email before spending time on my previous questions!

Thanks for letting us know you found the problem.

For future reference, you can now get netcdf-fortran-4.2 and the C libraries
for netcdf-4.2.1.1
for OSX through the MacPorts project

  http://www.macports.org/

Once you have the "port" program installed, it's as easy as

  sudo port install netcdf-fortran

--Russ

> Anna Harper
> Associate Research Fellow
> College of Engineering,  Mathematics and Physical Sciences
> University of Exeter
> Exeter EX4 4QF UK

Ticket ID: KLG-862966
Department: Support netCDF