[netCDF #TEE-421125]: netcdf-4.2.1.1 & netcdf-fortran-4.2 installation

Hi John,

> I am installing netcdf to support ROMS Regional Ocean Modeling System
> on the ODU Linux system and netcdf-4.2.1.1 appears to have configured
> properly.
>
> After running the ROMS build.bash I get the error:  can't stat netcdf.mod
>
> I assumed the problem was that I hadn't installed netcdf-fortran.
> Upon geting the ucar file, I unzipped netcdf-fortran-4.2 and executed
> ./configure but I get the following error:
>
> netcdf.h could not be found. Please set CPPFLAGS.
>
> Not sure if the issues are one and the same but need to know how to
> get netcdf.mod and also how and where to set CPPFLAGS to find netcdf.h.
> Note running gfortran on the university system.

CPPFLAGS must be set as an environment variable that the configure script for
netcdf-fortran can see.  Here's the documentation for how to build the
netcdf-fortran
library, once you have the netCDF C library installed:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: TEE-421125
Department: Support netCDF