[netCDF #CKV-968557]: Getting netcdf to work on Windows 7

Good morning,

> Hello,
>
> I am a regular user of Net CDF (particularly ncdump to convert netCDF
> files to ASCII text files), and everything worked flawlessly when I was
> using Windows XP.
>
> However, recently, I was upraded to Windows 7, and I used the same package
> of Net CDF with the pre-built netcdf.dll file.  The name of the ZIP file
> is netcdf-3.6.1-beta1-win32dll.zip.
>
> I copied all of its contents to the windows/system32 folder, including
> the netcdf.dll file.  But every time I try to run ncdump.exe, I get a
> system error message saying that netcdf.dll is missing.  Here is the
> screen shot of the error message:

I am not certain why this would be the case; Windows/system32 should be
on the system path.  Can you confirm this?  In my testing, I'm able to put
libraries in  C:\Windows\system\ and have the system see them; can you try this?

As an aside, we have recently re-introduced Windows support for our more
current versions of netCDF.  This support is not yet official (but will be in
our upcoming 4.3 release), but pre-release libraries can be downloaded
from:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/win_netcdf/

Using these libraries probably won't fix the issue you are seeing re:
the system path, but they will provide updated libraries once that has
been sorted out.

Thanks, have a great day,

-Ward

> [cid:image001.png@01CDDC45.7D03FD40]
>
> Please advise in helping me trouble shoot this.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Nabeel Keblawi
> EDP Renewables North America LLC
> 808 Travis St, Suite 700, Houston, TX 77002
> www.edpr.com

Ticket ID: CKV-968557
Department: Support netCDF