[netCDF #UMK-718798]: Problem compiling nf90_put_var with double float data

Hi Kevin,

> When I try to compile the short program below (using Portland
> pgi/12.10_64), I get this error message:
>
> PGF90-S-0155-Could not resolve generic procedure nf90_put_var
>
> Any ideas?

I've looked at this and can't figure out what the syntax error is about.  I get
it
with gfortran, but gfortran compiles, successfully links, and runs an example
program that
uses a very similar nf90_put_var call in our netcdf-fortran-4.2 distribution,
from the
file examples/F90/nc4_pres_temp_4D_wr.f90, where the following statements
appear:

     call check( nf90_put_var(ncid, pres_varid, pres_out, start = start, &
                              count = count) )
     call check( nf90_put_var(ncid, temp_varid, temp_out, start = start, &
                              count = count) )

This file compiles and is run when I configure with the option
"--enable-extra-example-tests".

Can you successfully compile and run this example program too?  If so, maybe
there is a
diffrence that I can't see that explains why this more complex program
compiles, but the
simple one you've presented gets a compile error.

Or maybe I'll be able to see it when I look at it again next week ...

--Russ

> !**********************************************
> program pmsu
>
> !  Global data module
>
> use netcdf
>
> implicit none
>
> !  Local declarations
>
> integer :: ncid, ndim_id, nvar_id, istatus
> integer, parameter :: ntmax = 4
> integer, parameter :: double_precision = 8
> real ( kind = double_precision ), dimension(ntmax) :: time
> integer, dimension(1) :: start
> integer, dimension(1) :: count
>
> istatus = nf90_create ( 'test.nc', nf90_clobber, ncid )
> istatus = nf90_def_dim ( ncid, 'ntmax', ntmax, ndim_id )
> istatus = nf90_def_var ( ncid, 'time', nf90_double, ndim_id, nvar_id )
> istatus = nf90_enddef ( ncid  )
>
> time(1) = 1.0e+10
> time(2) = 2.0e+10
> time(3) = 3.0e+10
> time(4) = 4.0e+10
>
> start(1) = 2
> count(1) = 1
>
> istatus = nf90_put_var ( ncid, nvar_id, time(2), start, count )
> istatus = nf90_close ( ncid )
>
> end program

Ticket ID: UMK-718798
Department: Support netCDF