[netCDF #PPW-675782]: some problems about installing netcdf

Hi Alexander,

> When I was installing my netcdf I came across some problems .My
> netcdf version is netcdf-fortran-4.2.tar.gz. When I type "./configure
> --prefix=/usr/wrf/netcdf FC=pgf90" .The result is  that netcdf.h could
> not be found please set CPPFLAGS. I don't kown how to fix this error,
> so can you help .I look forward your reply whit my whole hope .Thanks.

Here's the instructions for building and installing netCDF:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/building.html

Note that with versions 4.2 and later (the most recent is version 4.2.1.1),
the Fortran library is now in a separate software distribution from the C
library, so you need to build and install the C library first, then build
and install the Fortran library by telling it where you installed the C
library.

That will require setting environment variables CPPFLAGS, LDFLAGS, and
sometimes LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  For detailed instructions on building the
Fortran netCDF library after you have installed the C library, see:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: PPW-675782
Department: Support netCDF