[netCDF #QLK-512106]: Potential issues in 4.3.0-rc2

Good morning Greg,

> I've attached a patch showing some potential issues in the
> netcdf-4.3.0-rc2.  Let me know if any questions about these.

Thanks for the patch; these changes look straightforward and
worthwhile, I will see about getting them integrated into the
code for our next release. Thanks!

> One other potential issue is that there is a nciter.c and nciter.h in
> both ncdump and ncgen.  If an organization is using some brain-dead
> build system, the name clash between these two is potentially
> bothersome.  Would it be possible to rename one of the nciters so that
> there were unique object file names over all files in the package?

You have a good point; the potential for conflict is there.  Let me discuss
this with Russ and Dennis and see what our options are.

> Thanks,
> --Greg

Have a great morning,

-Ward