[netCDFJava #SXF-400193]: NetcdfFileWriter's global Attributes

Hello Jin,

since you are writing NetCDF-4, also check the NetCDF-C library version in your
system, it has to be 4.2.1 or above
(http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/reference/netcdf4Clibrary.html).
I've just run the code you posted and the only problem I see is that:
file.findGroup("root");
returns null.
Also, the directory "data" for the path "data/foo.nc" must exist. NetCDF-JAVA
won't create it. Have you tried with the path "foo.nc" ?
And yes, from ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf-java/v4.3/netcdfAll-4.3.jar
you get the latest version of the NetCDF-JAVA library. However, yesterday we
released 4.3.16 and that's the latest now so I recommend you to update
(although I don't think this new version makes any difference in this case).

Cheers!
Marcos Hermida.

Ticket ID: SXF-400193
Department: Support netCDF Java