[netCDF #TWS-325985]: nf-config / netcdf-fortran.pc issues

Hi Orion,

Thanks, I committed your patches plus added --has-f03 to nf-config
options to indicate when the Fortran-2003 interoperability feature was
used to support the f90 API.  Without this, the --has-f90=no seems to
indicate that the F90 API is not supported, which is not he case when the
Fortran-2003 build was used.

As for the last issue you raised, I'm thinking it would be best to just have
--flibs and delete --libs from the nf-config options to avoid the
confusion.  However, I haven't done that yet ...

--Russ

> A couple of related issues with nf-config and netcdf-fortran.pc:
>
> - For static linking, netcdf-fortran.pc should provide:
>
> Libs.private: -L${libdir} -lnetcdff -lnetcdf
>
> - nf-config --flags should not return the compiler flags used to compile
> netcdf-fortran.  On Fedora for example, all kinds of extra flags are
> added that end-users may or may not want.
>
> - Having nf-config have both a --libs and a --flibs options seems
> confusing, especially with nf-config --libs returning -lnetcdf.  Not
> sure the best way forward on this though.
>
> I've attached a patch for the first two changes.
>
> --
> Orion Poplawski
> Technical Manager                     303-415-9701 x222
> NWRA/CoRA Division                    FAX: 303-415-9702
> 3380 Mitchell Lane                  address@hidden
> Boulder, CO 80301              http://www.cora.nwra.com

Ticket ID: TWS-325985
Department: Support netCDF