[netCDF #JZT-105309]: neCDF 4.3.0 installation issue - Can't find or link to the hdf5 library

Peter,

I wrote:
> The only way I've gotten it to work is also using --disable-shared as a
> configure option, and that works with either LIBS=-lsz or LDLIBS=-lsz.

It turns out that if I used --disable-shared on the netCDF configure,
with hdf5-189 built statically linked with -lsz, everything worked fine
even without LDLIBS--lsz (which I should have realized, because the szip
library is *included* in the hdf5 library, since it was linked statically).

So, back to the drawing board ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: JZT-105309
Department: Support netCDF