[netCDF #IBV-513656]: Error in Fortran netcdf check

Hi Mateus,

> I'm trying to install netcdf-fortran-4.2 with netcdf 4 enabled, but I'm
> getting an error in one of the tests with "make check":

> **** Testing netCDF-3 Fortran 90 API.
>
> *
> *Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory
> reference.
>
> *
> *Backtrace for this error*:
> *#0 0x404B8F6B
> *
> *#1 0x404B95AC
> *
> *#2 0x4001E3FF
> *
> *#3 0x40081D25
> *
> *#4 0x8049298 in netcdftest at tst_f90.f90:41
> *
> */bin/bash: line 5: 26544 Falha de segmentação ${dir}$tst
> *
> *FAIL: tst_f90
> ===================================
> *
> *1 of 27 tests failed
> *
> *Please report to address@hidden
> ===================================

That line is just calling nf90_create to create a netCDF file:

  ! Create the file
  call check(nf90_create(path = trim(fileName), cmode = nf90_clobber, ncid =
ncFileID))

Another test program before this one, tst_f90_nc4, has already successfully
called
nf90_create successfully.  So I can't determine why the above statement is
getting
a segmentation violation.  Perhaps you were running the test in a temporary
directory
that got deleted while your program was swapped out, or you have just run out
of disk
space?  It doesn't seem like those sorts of conditions should cause segmentation
violations ...

Sorry, I can't reproduce the problem or determine its cause from the output you
sent.

> I have used same compilers for HDF5 and netCDF (gcc and gfortran). Here the
> command lines used to compile source code of each software:

Just for your information, it was not necessary to compile HDF5 with
--enable-fortran.
The netCDF Fortran library uses the netCDF C library and HDF5 C library under
that, but
makes no use of the HDF5 Fortran library.  However, that should not have caused
the
problem you are seeing.

--Russ

> HDF5:
> *./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-fortran
> *
> netCDF-4.3.0:
> *./configure --prefix=/usr/local
> *
> netCDF-Fortran-4.2:
> *CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib ./configure
> --prefix=/usr/local
>
> *
> Except for the last software, the command "make check" didn't produce any
> errors.
>
> I have tried to look for an answer in netcdf forum, but without success!
>
> So, I would like to ask some help!
>
> Regards,
>
> Mateus

Ticket ID: IBV-513656