[netCDF #NED-852320]: on netcdf4 parallel

Hi Cheung,

> I'm recently building a program using netcdf4-parallel support,(netcdf4.1.3),
> and
>
> when it comes to linking objects, some undefined references occurr,like :
>
> libnetcdff.a(netcdf4.o): In function `netcdf_mp_nf90_put_att_twobyteint_':
> netcdf4.f90:(.text+0xe4c): undefined reference to `nf_put_att_int2_'
>
> the netcdf4.1.3 has already been built with hdf5 parallel support.
> and -lnetcdff is on.

We can't duplicate the problem here, with the information you have provided.

When you build netCDF libraries and run "make check", some of the test
programs in the nf_test/ directory call nf_put_att_int2, so if there is
a problem linking, it should have appeared when running the tests from
nf_test/nf_test.F or nf_test/test_put.F.

Did you run "make check" before installing the libraries?  Did it succeed
in running all the tests successfully?  If not, you should not be trying
to link your programs with the libraries until "make check" runs
successfully.

You might also try running "nf-config --all" to see what flags should be
provided when linking with Fortran libraries.

We recommend that you install the most recent netCDF C library, version
4.3.0, which has many improvements since the older version 4.1.3.  After
the C library is successfully built, tested, and installed, you should
build, test and install the netcdf-fortran-4.2 library, which uses the
installed netcdf-4.3.0 llibrary.

Instructions for building the separate netCDF C and Fortran libraries are
here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/building.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: NED-852320