[netCDF #IYN-849218]: FAIL: nc_test

Hi Konrad,

> I'm trying to build netcdf-4.3.0 on openSUSE 11.3, and I have some problems
> with it. An error occurred while 'make check' is running. This is what I
> see in terminal:

> Testsuite summary for netCDF 4.3.0
> # TOTAL: 12
> # PASS:  11
> # SKIP:  0
> # XFAIL: 0
> # FAIL:  1
> # XPASS: 0
> # ERROR: 0
> See nc_test/test-suite.log
>
> make[3]: *** [test-suite.log] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/work/kwisniew/netcdf-4.3.0/netcdf-4.3.0/nc_test'
> make[2]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/work/kwisniew/netcdf-4.3.0/netcdf-4.3.0/nc_test'
> make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/work/kwisniew/netcdf-4.3.0/netcdf-4.3.0/nc_test'
> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
>
> I'm trying to build it with gcc compiler. I have reinstalled the hdf5
> libraries, but I still got the same result.
> I attached test-suite.log to this mail. I have no idea how to solve this
> problem, so I will be grateful for any help.

What version of HDF5 were you linking against?  It looks like the problem may
be with HDF5.  You can tell the HDF5 version by looking at the
"libhdf5.settings"
file in the directory where libhdf5 is installed.

We tested netCDF-4.3.0 against HDF5-1.8.10 and HDF5-1.8.11 successfully, but
there may be problems with earlier versions.

If that's not the problem, could you please send us the config.log you get
from running the netCDF configure script?

--Russ

Ticket ID: IYN-849218
Department: Support netCDF