[netCDF #ARY-631059]: Fatal Error: Wrong module version '6' (expected '0') for file 'netcdf.mod' opened at (1)

Hi Madhu,

> I'm trying to build PIO 1.7.1 liararies from
>
> http://www.cesm.ucar.edu/models/pio/
>
> so first I installed netCDF 4.1.3
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/netcdf-4_1_3/index.jsp
>
> & parallel-netCDF
>
> https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/parallel-netcdf/wiki/Download
>
> successfully.
>
> But, while installing PIO 1.7.1 libraries, I'm getting the below
> error. Can you please guide me on this. I'm using gcc 4.6.2 version to
> build these libraries.
>
> use netcdf                                  ! _EXTERNAL
> 1
> Fatal Error: Wrong module version '6' (expected '0') for file 'netcdf.mod'
> opened at (1)

It looks like you are using a different Fortran compiler for building PIO than
was used
for building the netCDF Fortran-90 API.  The format of Fortran module files
depends on
the compiler used, so those must match.

Also, you might have better luck building the newer netcdf-fortran version 4.2
(or even
the release candidate version 4.4,0-rc1 from GitHub), which is now a completely
separate
software package from the netCDF-C library.  The detailed instructions for
building the
more recent netCDF-Fortran after a netCDF C library is installed are here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

--Russ

> Thanks,
> Madhu