[netCDF #ACB-881122]: Building NetCDF-4.2 Fortran libraries on Windows with MinGW

Hi Leon,

We don't have a netCDF-Fortran port to Windows yet.

We have checked in a development version 4.4-rc1 of the
netCDF-Fortran source code with CMake files that work on
Linux, as a first step to getting a CMake solution on
Windows:

  https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-fortran

but there's still work needed to get it working on Windows.

Sorry, I can't currently estimate when that will be ready
for release, but if you're familiar with CMake, you might
be able to contribute.  In any case, by subscribing to
receive notifications for all discussions in that
repository, you can keep apprised of any progress.

--Russ

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Our plans are to try to get a netCDF-C version 4.3 release out in the next
> > month
> > or so that includes CMake configurations for building from source with
> > Visual
> > Studio.
> >
> > Shortly after that, if we encounter no unanticipated problems, we'll be
> > releasing
> > a netcdf-fortran that also includes CMake build configurations, at least
> > for ifort
> > (we don't have the resources to test and support multiple Fortran
> > compilers on
> > Windows).
>

> Hello,
>
> The above email is from last January, but the newest version of
> netCDF-Fortran I see on the website is version 4.2. I'm still interested in
> a version of netCDF-Fortran for Intel's Fortran compiler on Windows; is
> there any news on that front?
>
> Thanks.
> -Leon

> Leon Nathaniel Maurer