Re: netcdf to geotiff

On 12/13/2013 6:54 AM, Jeff McWhirter wrote:

Hi John,

We're developing data format requirements for the ABoVE project. I am pushing for CF-NetCDF for gridded data.

There is of course resistance from the science folks about this (they're a bunch of pussies when it comes to any sort of change). They really like GeoTIFFs in this community.

What is the state of the NetCDF-> GeoTIFF conversion. I assume it still works? Are there any limitations in what can be written?

Thanks,
Jeff

hi jeff:

we havent developed much of the geotiff writer since i worked on it long ago. it can only do a few projections. however, tom kunicki (was at usgs, now at boundless) developed a very extensive library, and our intention is to make an optional module for cdm with it. i havent had time to look at it closely; i can forward info on it if you want to evaluate it for your purposes.

john